Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Art In Aviation Competition


Hi members,

Following our recent correspondence with Gold Coast Sports Flying Club, where they asked us to participate in a photo competition on a date in September, here some further details including some pictures of planes we are likely to see at the event:


Hi,
Just a quick update on our ART in AVIATION completion in September
Your feed back was appreciated and I have also contacted the local Gold Coast painters society and they will also be in attendance
We are limiting entries to around 100 people to make it manageable and safe for everyone to do their art
I am hoping for around 20 aircraft of all shapes and sizes and I will endeavor to have some good spacing 20 metres  between aircraft so that the artist can have freedom of movement.

The prize pool will be fixed at around $1500 and we will probably offer this as vouchers for various accommodation and meal packages on the Gold Coast.



The Gallery day will most likely be held at the airfield and we will endevour to open up around 600 square meters of hangers floor area.


The only thing that remains an issue is getting enough display boards to hang 100 odd a4 size prints and 50 odd paintings up to a5. If you suggest where we might pick these up for as cheap as rent as possible it would be helpful.

I think a month between art day and gallery day would be sufficient, but still open to suggestions.

The attached photos are just some my daughter took of various aircraft we see at fly-ins she is an I phone photo shop addict and this is inspired me.




I hope this is the baseline for the quality that your members can produce.

Ill keep you up to date as we go but I am definitely firming on  September this year with Saturday the 7th and October the 5th as tentative dates

Regards
Rohan Whittington
GCSFC

More details will be posted as they come to hand.

1 comment:

  1. I hope we get a lot of interested members to attend.

    ReplyDelete